Hsiao Wei Chen (Michelle)
- 8+ Years of Experience with the end to end process of creating iOS and Android Mobile Games and Applications using Unity, Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d and Xcode
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and SVN
- 2+ Years of Experience in Team and Project Management, including hiring and training
- Knowledgeable in Agile Project Management
- Familiar with 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop and Audacity
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY
MSc Video Game Enterprise and Production (Gamer Camp Biz)
- Extra Mile Nomination: Student of the Year
- Graduate+ Bronze Award
- BAFTA Crew
- Work Placement at MEDIA MOLECULE
INDIE GAME DEVELOPER / FREELANCE
- Worked on personal projects, such as “Le Petit Prince x Mixed Reality”, an escape the room game that combines a handcrafted environment with augmented reality and virtual reality. Showcased in Taipei’s Maker Faire 2016 held at the National Taiwan Science and Education Center. Finalist in Taiwan’s 4C Digital Design Awards 2016, and showcased at Digital Taipei 2016 held at Taipei World Trade Center.
- Participated in game jams as programmer, artist, designer and sound producer.
PROGRAMMER, MATTEL (FORMERLY FUHU, INC.)
- Programmed nabi Compete, a fitness band for children.
- Programmed prototype games, and maintained Weather, Clock and Stop Watch apps for nabi tablet.
- Assisted in interviewing candidates and training the game team.
TECHNICAL REVIEWER, PACKT PUBLISHING
- Technical reviewer for Cocos2d Cross-Platform Game Development Cookbook
PROGRAMMER, ORANGENOSE STUDIO
- Programmed and designed iOS and Android games, such as Toughest Game Ever 2, and prototype games.
- Assisted in the set-up of Orangenose Studio Manila branch, including headhunting, interviewing candidates, and training the game team.
- Trained newcomers in Unity game engine, and the company’s game development process.
PROGRAMMER, BONE COLLECTION, FRUITSHOP INTERNATIONAL CO.
- Programmed iOS and Android apps, such as Maru Penguin, Maru Jump and Maru Comics.
- Programmed iOS and OSX linked B2B app used within company.
- Provided voice overs for company marketing videos.
PROGRAMMER, MOBILI STUDIO
- Programmed iOS apps, such as Visual Travel Checklist and Trio Birds.
PROGRAMMER, LADYLUCK DIGITAL MEDIA
- Programmed prototype games and outsourcing projects.
DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY- MANILA
BS Computer Science, Major in Software Technology.
- Dean’s List: 3rd Term, SY 2007-08, Dean’s List: 3rd Term, SY 2005-06
- Harvest of Winners Nominee, SY 2007-08
- Moomedia Most Active Member, SY 2006-07
JUBILEE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- Outstanding Alumni Award
- Opinion Editor, Features Editor of School Paper
- Layout Editor of Year Book
- Vice President of Computer Club
- STEM AMBASSADOR
- RISE CONFERENCE, HONG KONG – 2016
- CASUAL CONNECT, SINGAPORE – 2016
- POCKET GAMER CONNECTS, LONDON – 2017
- XX+ GAME JAM – 2017
- LONDON GAMES FESTIVAL – 2017
- VR WORLD CONGRESS, BRISTOL – 2017
Languages English (IELTS 8.5/9), Chinese (Mandarin) and Filipino (Tagalog)